The following document defines the general terms and conditions for use of the software product, (hereinafter referred to as "the Software"), copyrighted by Seldon 2, LLC, (hereinafter referred to as “the Copyright Holder”).
Please read the terms and conditions of this license agreement before using the Software.
1. General Regulations
1.1. By using the Software, you agree that prior to use you
- have fully read and understood the terms of this Agreement;
- fully accept all the terms of this Agreement without any exceptions or limitations;
- understand that disagreement with any of the terms of this Agreement results in inability to use and obligation to immediately cease all use of the Software;
- understand that the rights and means to use the Software are considered not permitted if they have not been explicitly provided to the User;
- understand that the Agreement is subject to change in whole or in part without any specific notice to the User, and that the new edition of the Agreement will enter into effect from the moment of its publication, unless otherwise stipulated by the new edition of the Agreement.
1.2. As used herein, the below terms have the following defined meanings:
- Agreement — the relevant License Agreement that defines the general terms and conditions of use of the Software;
- License (Sublicense) Agreement — the Agreement specified under Art. 1235 and 1238, Ch. 69 in part IV of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, which is concluded between the Copyright Holder and the User; the Copyright Holder and the Partner; the Partner and the User;
- Copyright Holder —"Seldon 2, LLC" (OGRN: 5137746234456);
- User — the individual who has been permitted to use the Software under both the License (Sublicense) Agreement concluded between the user and the Copyright Holder or Partner, and under this License Agreement in accordance with applicable legislation;
- Software — the software suite, copyrighted by the Copyright Holder, that comprises computer programs and/or databases intended for use on desktop and notebook computers, PDA’s and smartphones, the access to which (as well as to all subsequently updated versions and modifications) is permitted to the User through the website;
- Copyright Holder’s website — https://basis.myseldon.com.
- Commercial use — for-profit use of the Software and any integrated intellectual property, which goes beyond the scope of functional applications permitted hereunder, and/or permission to use the Software, including accepting fees from third parties in exchange for access to the Software package; commercial use of the Software or its integrated intellectual property is generally prohibited, but may be permitted by the Copyright Holder under a separate agreement;
- Password — a unique sequence of characters generated by the Copyright Holder upon the User’s request. It provides the possibility to use the Software and identify the User in order to control the legality of use of the Software;
- Partners — legal entities and sole proprietors who, under the License Agreement concluded with the Copyright Holder, have the right to permit Users to use the simple non-exclusive licensed version of the Software package.
- 1.1. By using the Software, you agree that prior to use you
2. Exclusive Rights
- 2.1. The Software in its entirety and all comprised or integrated computer programs, databases, reference material and other informational texts, images and other objects of copyright and/or related rights, trademarks, trade designations, brand names and all other aspects of the Software that could be extracted and/or used independently, (hereinafter referred to as “Intellectual Property”), are protected in accordance with part IV of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation; the Copyright Holder has the exclusive rights to possession, and to use and dispose of all Intellectual Property, unless otherwise stipulated by notice of rights to specified Intellectual Property.
- 2.2. The notice of right to any specified Intellectual Property rights pertains either to the relevant Intellectual Property or to the relevant user; absence of the notice of rights does not signify the absence of legal protection, nor does it signify permission to use with disregard for the rules and regulations herein stipulated.
3. Rights of Software Product Usage
- 3.1. The Copyright Holder permits the user to use the simple (non-exclusive) licensed version of the Software in all countries in the following ways:
- 3.2. The User is entitled to use the Software for its intended purpose in accordance with its functional capabilities (https://basis.myseldon.com/en/home/capabilities) on desktop and notebook computers, smartphones and/or other devices (hereinafter referred to as "Devices").
- 3.3. The User is entitled to use the Software for its intended regarding simultaneous usage on the number of devices specified in the License Agreement concluded between the User and the Copyright Holder or a Partner.
- 3.4. At the Copyright Holder’s discretion, the use of the Software or its additional functional applications may require the User to accept the terms and conditions of a separate agreement.
3.5. Individually or with third party involvement, the User may not:
- 3.5.1. reverse engineer, copy, modify, decompile, disassemble or perform any other actions using the Software coding, for as to do so would be to violate the Software’s protection against unauthorized use, the extraction of data from databases, and/or the obtaining of information concerning implementation of algorithms used in the Software, unless otherwise permitted under Art. 1280 of the Civil Code of the Russian Federation;
- 3.5.2. create any product(s) and/or service(s) derivative of the Software in its entirety and/or its integrated aspects, including databases, extracted (or extractable) data and other Intellectual Property as defined in paragraph 2.1 of this Agreement;
- 3.5.3. reproduce and/or distribute the Software for commercial use without written consent from the Copyright Holder;
- 3.5.4. by any means grant third parties access to the Software for commercial purposes, including those that enable the obtainment of data and its transfer to third parties, unless otherwise stipulated by a separate agreement with the Copyright Holder;
- 3.5.5. delete or in any way modify any notices of rights, both to the Software in its entirety and to its integrated Intellectual Property of the Copyright Holder and/or any third parties.
4. Automatic Updates
- 4.1. The Software and/or included Intellectual Property objects may interact with software and hardware of the Copyright Holder and/or any third party that is the rights holder of these Objects in order to check the availability of updates or modifications (versions) of the Software (Intellectual Property objects), as well as to update databases and/or other Intellectual Property objects included in the Software.
- 4.2. By installing the Software, the User agrees that the Software may send requests or automatically download and install Updates.
5. Personal Data
- 5.1. The User is not required to provide any personal data in order to use the Software, except as otherwise stipulated by a separate agreement regarding the use of the relative Software, in which case, the processing and protection of information (personal data) is regulated by the terms of the corresponding agreement.
- 6.1. The Software is provided on an "as is" basis, and as such the Copyright Holder is not liable for any conformity or non-conformity to the User’s expectations; the Copyright Holder does not guarantee the Software’s compatibility with any secondary software or hardware.
- 6.2. Reference material and other informational texts integrated in the Software are provided by a third party and/or comprise openly-sourced public information; the credibility and accuracy of the content, as well as any consequences arising from use of such reference material and other informational texts are not the responsibility of the Copyright Holder; any reference material and other informational texts integrated in the Software shall be used at the User's own risk; the Copyright Holder is not liable for any lost profits or other damages that occur as a result of using the Software.
- 6.3. Reference material and other informational texts integrated in the Software may be translated into different languages, for which computer assisted tools may be used; the Copyright Holder shall neither guarantee the accuracy of any translations of this License Agreement, nor be held liable for their content.
7. Final Provisions
- 7.1. This Agreement, the procedure for its conclusion and execution, as well as any issues not specifically regulated by this Agreement, shall be regulated by the current legislation of the Russian Federation.
- 7.2. All disputes to, or in connection with, this Agreement shall be subject to judicial review at the Copyright Holder’s location in accordance with applicable procedural law of the Russian Federation.
- 7.3. This Agreement may be unilaterally amended by the Copyright Holder without prior notice to the User.
- 7.4. The current edition of this Agreement is available on the Copyright Holder’s website: https://basis.myseldon.com.
Revised on 01.04.2016